Sunday, June 18, 2017

Hodge Podge

Hi friends!  I’ve had some busy days lately, that haven’t allowed much time for stamping, but my time has been filled with other great pursuits, so it’s all good!  But I didn’t find a little time recently for some special projects, and wanted to quickly share them with you today!

My daughter and her boyfriend recently bought a house together (no, they’re not married… don’t get me started!) and I wanted to make my daughter a little something to have in her home from Mom.  Plus it made for a great excuse to do a little shopping at My Favorite Things, and I picked up the sweet Home Sweet Home Die-Namics, and the matching No Place Like Home stamps.  And this is what I created…

for Kaylie and Corey
I bought this panoramic 10”x4” picture frame on Amazon to frame up these sweet little houses!  My daughter loves it, and has it proudly displayed in her living room.  All of the die-cuts you see come from the Home Sweet Home Die-Namics, except for the Stitched Square Layers in the background which are from Memory Box.  Additionally, I used the BG Bold Diagonal Stripes background on the Lemon Chiffon card stock in the background.

I also have a co-worker with a birthday coming up, and she’s a bird lover so the Bird Crazy stamps from Tim Holtz were a no-brainer to make her card.  This will be for everyone in the office to sign…

Color Throwdown #447Because I’m short on time this weekend, I just made this card very similar to another one I made several months ago, but incorporated the current Color Throwdown #447 colors into my design.  The sentiment comes from another Tim Holtz stamp set, Crazy Talk.  On the inside, I stamped “It’s your birthday… CELEBRATE!”

Hope you’re having a great weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

I love your little birdie card as well as your wall art! Very clever! I think you should enter the bird card at our Paper Players challenge this week....it would fit perfectly!

Georgiana said...

Both are wonderful. My son (and girlfirend) just got a house too. Don't worry...I won't get you started. Perfect crazy bird for your friend.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great home décor Tammy! Love the pretty scenes. That is a great reason to get some new dies! :) Your crazy bird looks awesome! Great coloring!