Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Color Throwdown #388

Hello friends!  I have a co-worker with a birthday tomorrow, so the sneak peek last night of the Color Throwdown #388 for today was just what I needed to get a card made for her!  The colors this week are yellow, green, blue and white, so here's what I came up with...


If you have to use white, what's better than a polar bear, amiright?  :)  So I grabbed my Birdie Brown Birthday Bears stamp set and matching Die-Namics, from My Favorite Things and got to work. The background was stamped with the BG Grid background with Versamark ink, and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Then I used Daffodil and Sour Apple dye inks to water color over the grid, and added some spatters of Perfect Pearls mixed with a little water.  Behind the bear I added a vellum tag that was die-cut with the Pierced Traditional Tags STAX Die-Namics, and the sentiment strip was die-cut using the Horizontal Stitched Strips Die-Namics.

I might slowly be feeling the stamping mojo coming back.... thanks to all of you have stuck with me through this slump!  :)

6 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

What an awesome and adorable card Tammy!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the color wash grid background behind this sweet birthday bear! Your coworker will love this card!

Lyn said...

Oh now this is gorgeous I love your embossed and water coloured background very much

Lynn Put said...

Fantastic card, Tammy! I love your sweet polar bear and fun watercolored background.

Broni said...

Tammy, this is awesome! That bear is adorable, and your water colored background is beautiful!!

HolyLise said...

Love your card! The water colored background is amazing and I love the idea with the vellum tag! Wowza :)