Wednesday, September 16, 2015

You Make My Day

MFTWSC246

Hello friends!  Just wanted to share this card I made using the sketch #246 for this week from My Favorite Things.  I’ve had this beautiful BG Roses All Over background stamp for a few months now, and have yet to use it… until today!  I just knew it’d be perfect for this sketch.  I stamped with Versamark on watercolor card stock, then heat embossed with white detail embossing powder.  I applied a watercolor wash using Coral Crush, Persimmon and Blu Raspberry dye inks, then die-cut the circle with the Stitched Circle STAX Die-Namics.  The sentiment (from a retired set) was stamped on Steel Grey card stock with Versamark, and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder.  I die-cut the sentiment panel with
Blueprints 13, and mounted it with foam adhesive over a little bundle of silver thread.  I embellished with a few Sparkling Clear Mix sequins.  The Sweet Tooth card stock background panel was stamped with the new BG Distressed Stripes background in Versamark and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder, then mounted to a Steel Grey card stock piece, and then to a Sweet Tooth card stock base.

Whadya’ think… should I enter this one in the Card Design Superstar contest?

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeousness! Love the way the subtle background makes the circle pop. Definite entry!

Lyn said...

Super gorgeous card love it to bits <3

Alice said...

absolutely love the watercolor look! beautiful card! thanks so much for playing along with MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge!

Bonnie said...

Love the blend and contrast of your watercolors! Nicely done!