Sunday, August 9, 2015

Build-Able Blooms

I just don’t know why, but on a recent order that I placed at My Favorite Things I just felt like I HAD to have the Build-Able Blooms stamp set.  And the stamps arrived, and I drooled over them a little bit, then…. smacked myself in the forehead!  Duh… I didn’t order the matching Die-Namics!  What the heck?  Darn if I didn’t have to place another order!  LOL

On Saturday evening I set to work trying to create a card for the MFT sketch challenge #240 this week, and thought it’d be fun to use these flowers for my design.  I also used the colors of the current color challenge #26

MFTWSC240

The colors are Ripe Raspberry, Limelight, Jellybean Green and Steel Blue… LOVE this combination!  I also also added some Tickled Pink for contrast.  On the Steel Blue card stock strip, that was cut with Blueprints 12 I stamped a sentiment from the DC You’ve Got Mail stamp set.  I used Versamark ink, and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder.  The Sweet Tooth card stock panel was cut from Blueprints 13 and then layered on a piece of Steel Grey card stock before adhering to a Sweet Tooth card stock base.

My layout is a slightly different take on the sketch, but I hope you like it!  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a pretty cluster of blooms! Loving the dimension too! Thanks so much for joining us at MFT!i