Monday, May 4, 2015

Kelsey’s Graduation

Kelsey's Graduation Invites cropped

My baby girl is graduating from high school in just a few short weeks.  Hard to believe… I have NO idea where the time has gone!  Just yesterday she was this fat happy baby, then this adorable toddler/preschooler and now BAM!  *insert tearful mother*  And my oldest daughter keeps threatening me with this notion about moving to Montana!  ARGH!  Who said my children were allowed to grow up???

Well, as much as I don’t want to face it, a graduation party must be thrown!  Now, anyone who knows Kelsey knows she is the animal lover!  She actually should be my sister’s child because they are definitely cut from the same cloth when it comes to love of animals.  I have faced the reality already that the only grandchildren I will ever get from Kelsey will be the four-legged variety.  :)  If you need an example of how much she loves her pets, check out this… one of her senior photos.

KH_senior-11

There she is with Dexter, our 7-year old Australian Shepherd, and Finnick, her black cat.  The cat she hid in her bedroom for a week before we knew she had brought it home!  Yeah, THAT cat!  LOL  Kelsey has spent the last two years in the Animal Care & Management trade at our local Career Center along with her regular high school classes, and in the Fall will start classes at The Vet Tech Institute at The Bradford School in Columbus, Ohio.  We’re so proud of all her accomplishments the last few years… varsity letter in soccer, FFA officer, honor roll, class leader, and she finished 4th in the state in competition a few weeks ago!

So, it was only fitting that her graduation invites should be a reflection of her animal loving personality, right?  So, here it is…

Kelsey's Graduation Invites

Using the Birdie Brown You Have My Heart stamp set from My Favorite Things, I created Kelsey and one of our dogs (we actually have two and both are black, so she can decide which one of the dogs that is if she wants!  LOL).  Then I added the graduation cap which was cut with the LLD Graduation Accents Die-Namics.  I cut the tassel from black (school colors are black and green) and switched it to the opposite side, so it wouldn’t be hanging in her face.  Then I changed up the sentiment slightly from the You Have My Heart set, adding the word “GRADUATE!” instead of “heal.”  After some heavy searching, I found the font that matches the stamp set online, but out of respect for MFT I can’t publish or share the name of it.  Now, I will admit, this is a slightly kicked up version of the invites… I did NOT color all the images on the multitude of invitations that went out!  But just had to make one that was more special for Kelsey to keep in her memory book.  The white front panel was cut with the Blueprints 13, and I stamped the black card base with the BG Diagonal Stripes background in Sweet Tooth pigment ink.

The party info is on the inside, along with a cat image from the Birdie Brown I Knead You stamp set (thank you so much to my friend Kirsty for loaning me the cat stamp set!)

Kelsey's Graduation Invites inside

Well, thanks so much for stopping by today and letting me brag on my awesome daughter a little bit!  Have a great day!

3 comments:

Lin said...

She's a beautiful girl, Tammy! So glad you shared her with us today. Best wishes to her as she starts to fulfill her dreams. Love your card!

Virginia L. said...

Your card is DARLING, Tammy! Perfect graduation card indeed! Congrats on your DD's high school graduation! She is so very pretty! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Lyn said...

Beautiful card and big congrats on your daughters graduation <3