Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Color Throwdown #332

Color Throwdown #332 cropped by Tammy Hershberger

Lori is our hostess today for Color Throwdown #332, and she’s thinking Spring with these cute boots to inspire our colors.  After all the snow we’ve had again this Winter, I dream of the need to wear a pair of boots like these on a muddy Spring day!  :)
swatch 332
I had fun with these colors, pulling out my Whale of a Time stamp set from The Cat’s Pajamas
Color Throwdown #332 by Tammy Hershberger
I used the current Sweet Sunday Sketch #258 for layout inspiration, and paper-pieced my whale with some aqua blue designer paper.  I added some waves from the stamp set on the navy blue panel behind the whale, and embossed the red card stock with a waves stencil.
Be sure to stop by the CTD blog for all the challenge details, and visit my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration.  And we have a day of “firsts” today for our challenge… our new Guest Designer for March is none other than Joan’s daughter, Holly Brown.  AND for the first time ever, we have a man as our Guest Star Stamper, Kevin McDonald!  We welcome them both very happily! Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Holly Brown, March Guest Designer
Kevin McDonald, Guest Star Stamper I hope you’ll join us for the challenge, and thank you for stopping by today!


13 comments:

AJ Bodine said...

So cute, you nailed these colors and the layout and layers are perfect!

Celeste Goff said...

What an absolutely adorable card Tammy! Love the whale and the nautical colors are awesome!

Amy Rohl said...

This is adorable, Tammy! Love the fishtails, too.

AND - thank you for your sweet comment on the blog today, you made my day!

Joan Ervin said...

This is such a happy card, Tammy....you have worked the colors perfectly and how cute is that little whale!!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a sweet card! It reminds me a bit of a nurse's cap and you could paper piece it and change the star to a red cross - lol! Hmmm...you could send it for nurse's appreciation week and thank them for a whale of a good job. :-) Not sure where that random thought came from. Guess cause I just got off work.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute card Tammy. That polka-dot whale is just the sweetest. Love the layers, and the different prints! You are on the roll girl! Keep it up! :)

Holly said...

Eeeeeeee!!!!! Now how cute is that???? Love your layout and that adorable whale. Those flags sticking out from the embossed navy layer are really eyecatching - such a great way of layering your colors!

Chris said...

Hey Tammy,
I'm not online much so I haven't been keeping up on the stamping community BUT I was thrilled when I saw an e-mail today that said you were the hostess with the mostest for TCP. Congrats! on being a Cat Packer. I'm so very happy for you and for TCP you guys are a purrfect match. Purrhaps I'll get back to stamping and check out what's happening.
Hugs,
Chris

Broni said...

Yes, of course, great minds think alike!! LOVE this fun card with all the textures and that cutie-pie whale!

Lori said...

Just adorable! I love the paper pieced whale!

Barbara said...

This is a "whale" of a card (sorry, LOL!)!! Love this layout and how you used that image, gf!!

Claire Grantham said...

I love this, such a great use of the colours. So bright and happy. I love all the layers.Cx

Jen Mitchell said...

This is adorable!