Thursday, February 5, 2015

Happy 18th Birthday, Kelsey!


My "baby" girl turned 18 on Wednesday.... *sniff, sniff*  Where does the time go?  It was just yesterday that she was this fat, happy baby and now she's about to graduate and will head off to college in the Fall!



Well, of course we had to make a big deal out her day this week and it couldn't go by without Mom making her birthday card.  Despite my best efforts, the girl loves purple so the current Color Challenge #14 from My Favorite Things was just perfect for Kelsey's card.  Using some new Wild Wisteria card stock, I die cut a Pierced Traditional Tag STAX then stamped it with the BG Confetti Background in Wild Wisteria Premium dye ink.  Then I used a retired numbers Die-Namics to die-cut the 18, and backed the numbers with a piece of Limelight card stock that was stamped with the BG Fine Check Background.  I stamped the sentiment from LJD Birthday Greetings on the tag with Blueberry Premium dye ink.  I die cut Blueberry card stock using the Blueprints 13, and stamped it with Blueberry Hybrid ink using the BG Happy Birthday Background.  I finished the card with some lime green twine, enamel dots and a spritz of silver shimmer spray.  The layout for my design was inspired by the current Retro Sketch #151.

Happy weekend, and thank you for visiting today!

3 comments:

Arielle H Gordon said...

Hey - this is awesome! GREAT card for a teen guy!

Celeste Goff said...

What a great card Tammy!

Susan R. Opel said...

Glad your not-so-little-anymore girl will get this super cute card, Tammy. GREAT use of the color combination.