Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Color Throwdown #322

Color Throwdown #322 cropped by Tammy Hershberger
Hello friends!  We've got another Color Throwdown challenge for you this week, and I'M your hostess!  I hope you'll love these colors as much as I do!  Last year, just about this time, an issue of Family Fun magazine showed up in our office waiting room, and on the cover was a cute little girl wearing an apron made from this fabric.  I just LOVED the retro combination of colors, so I just knew we'd have to have it for a challenge this Christmas!
swatch 322
For my card, I pulled out a stamp set I bought last year from Wplus9 Design Studio, the Strictly Sentiments 3.  I bought it because of this card... just loved how that card looked.  But with my Dad's passing just before Christmas last year I just didn't get time to make many Christmas cards, and this stamp set has gone uninked... until NOW!  I just knew I had to CASE that fabulous card for today.
Color Throwdown #322 by Tammy Hershberger
I stamped the largest circles in red ink, stamping off a few times with each inking.  Then used an aqua blue, pink and dark green ink for the rest of the circles with the sentiment stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  I applied strips of Scor-tape at the top and bottom of the stamped panel and applied some chunky glitter, mounted the panel to a dark teal green card stock and gave the whole thing a spritz of shimmer spray before mounting to a white card stock base.
I hope you'll join us this week!  Stop by the CTD blog for all the challenge details, and visit my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration...
Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Sue Lelli, December Guest Designer
Birgit, Guest Star Stamper
Thank you for stopping by today!

10 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Tammy, I'm sorry about your dad's passing last year. I know that can make the holidays a hard time for someone who associates it with loss. The card is beautiful (love the glitter) and I'm glad you were finally able to pull your stamp set out and get it inked up!

Lyn said...

Gorgeous I love this colour combo <3

Lisa H. said...

wow! Tammy this is soooo festive and fun. love all those pretty polka dots in those colors. beautiful!

Jodi Collins said...

I SUPER love this Tammy! Those circles are FAB and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the glittery stripe!! FAB card girl!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fun card Tammy. Love those circles in those cheerful colors. The black greeting is perfect. (Thinking of you and sending cyber hugs. You will never forget, but you will heal...)

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

What a lovely dot's dance! Colors are gorgeous!
Sorry for your loss.

Vickie Z said...

Love it Tammy!! Perfect use of that set!!

Barbara said...

Well, I'd say this is a perfect CASE! Love how you used the colors! Gorgeous card, GF!

laurie said...

What a fun card for the challenge!

Lori said...

This is so fun! I love the graphic look of the dot and the texture and sparkle from the glitter.