Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Color Throwdown #319

Hey friends, I'm back again today with another Color Throwdown creation!  Wanda is our hostess this week with this darling photo... I'd LOVE to have one of those hats in MY size!  I hope you like these colors as much as I do, and will join us this week!

swatch 319

Here's my card...

Color Throwdown #319 by Tammy Hershberger

I just had to buy the beautiful Pretty Peonies stamp set from Wplus9 Design Studio after seeing the amazing watercolor work that Dawn was doing with these stamps!  Her tutorials are so helpful, and her creations knock my socks off!  I don't think I came even close to her level with my card, but it sure was fun to try.  I used Ranger Distress Markers to color directly onto the stamps, then stamped on Ranger Watercolor paper.  I wanted to add some silver splatters, and wasn't happy with how that worked out but it is what it is.  The BG Romantic Script background is from My Favorite Things, and the sentiment is from Hero Arts.

Be sure to stop by the CTD blog for all the challenge details, and check out my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration...

Barbara Anders 
Broni Holcombe 
Joan Ervin 
Jodi Collins 
Lori Tecler 
Monika Davis 
Vickie Zimmer 
Wanda Cullen 
Petra Swart, November Guest Designer
Chat Wszelaki, Guest Star Stamper

Thanks for stopping by today, and for your comments!  It always makes my day brighter!

10 comments:

Kim said...

Your card is so gorgeous Tammy!! The flowers are beautiful, and I like your sketch!! :>)

Heather said...

Very pretty!

Wanda Cullen said...

I came so close to using this same set, but made myself do another Christmas card since I'm so behind! LOVE your balance of the colors!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Tammy. I think the coloring turned out just fine. Looks wonderful. The touch of silver is perfect! After seeing your card, I just had to use the same set. :) Thanks for the inspiration girl!

Joan Ervin said...

I think you did a fabulous job with this, Tammy...it's sooo gorgeous!!!! You need to frame this, gf!!!!

Lyn said...

Oh my goodness this is so very beautiful. I love the colours for this week

Crestajune said...

Oh, Tammy! This is soooo beautiful! I love every little thing about it! That stamp set has been on my wish list since it came out, I think I am just going to have to get it!
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Broni said...

This is just gorgeous, Tammy! LOVE the splatters!!

Kim S said...

Lovely, soft flowers. I watch those videos and know that they are way out of my comfort level. You've done stunning work!

CherylQuilts said...

Yes, I purchased these too and was insider by Dawn's amazing videos! What a stunning card, and your watercoloring is fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs!