Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Color Throwdown #309

Color Throwdown #309 close-up by Tammy Hershberger

Hello friends!  It's time for another Color Throwdown challenge, and this week Vickie is our hostess.  She found this great quilt to inspire you this week... it's got a bit of a primitive look to it, I think.  I hope gets your creative mojo going so you can play along with us!

swatch 309

You might notice a slightly new feature to our color swatch... NO color names!  That's right, we will no longer be listing specific color names on the swatches.  Just the colors, so it's up to you to match up whatever you have that's most similar.  We hope everyone will like this slight change in format.

My card came together because I needed to make something to send to a man at church, so these colors worked well for a more masculine card, I think...

Color Throwdown #309 by Tammy Hershberger

I started out with a piece of watercolor cardstock, and stamped the BG Patterned Triangles background  in Versamark, then embossed with Seafoam White embossing powder.  Then I dabbed a bit of Tumbled Glass and Shabby Shutter distress reinkers on my craft sheet, and using an aqua brush did a color wash on the background.  I die cut a piece of Sno Cone card stock with the Blueprints 11 Die-Namics, and stamped the BG Diagonal Stripes background in Sweet Tooth pigment ink.​  Then I used the Die-Namics TRANSFORM-ables Say Hello to cut out the word bubble.  I added the sentiment from Get Well Wishes near the bottom using some Blu Raspberry Premium Dye ink, and mounted the word bubble piece over the background with some foam adhsesive.  I matted this on a piece of Sour Apple card stock, and a Steel Blue card stock base, and finished the design with a few enamel dots.

​Be sure to stop by the CTD blog for all the challenge details, and please join us!  And visit my Throwdown sisters for more inspiration...

Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe 
Joan Ervin 
Jodi Collins 
Lori Tecler 
Monika Davis 
Vickie Zimmer 
Wanda Cullen 
Lisa Henke, September Guest Designer

Here are my supplies...​

Thanks so much for stopping by!

9 comments:

Lyn said...

Oh my goodness I love this, what an amazing interpretation of the inspiration pic and the colours are beautiful <3

Lin said...

What a perfect take on the photo inspiration, Tammy! Yummy colors, too!

Lisa H. said...

Such a wonderful card. Love those triangles peeking through that hello die (one of my faves, btw). Great card.

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, this is such a fabulous design and really is perfect for a masculine card! Love the triangles in the background!

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE the triangles behind the cut out! SO PERFECT for a masculine creation!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Tammy. Love the triangles in the background and the way you used the colors. Nice take on the inspiration picture too! The candy dots look great.

Kim S said...

I love the triangles with the rich colors - a perfect backdrop to the bold hello. The diagonal stripe is a great touch, particularly the look it gives the sentiment.

Joan Ervin said...

Love how you used the word bubble, Tammy...the triangles in the background couldn't be any more perfect...awesome design!!!

Barbara said...

I do so love that embossed and sponged background, gf! Such a great backdrop for that die cut sentiment!