Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Color Throwdown #237

swatch 237
It’s time for another Color Throwdown and this week it’s my turn to be the hostess-with-the-mostest!  I picked up this Fancy Pants “Trend Setter” paper pad a few weeks ago, and loved the colors so much I decided they would be our inspiration for today!  So, here’s my card….
CTD237
For my card, I’m using the paper pad, and the Brand Spankin’ New Red Delicious Die-Namics die from My Favorite Things.  With that bright red in our color combo today, I just couldn’t resist using the apple for my focal image.  I sponged the edges with some Barn Door distress ink, and sponged the leaves and stem, too.  The layout for my card comes from the Mojo Monday sketch #288 for this week.  On the tag I added a sentiment from the new Triple Scoop stamp set for this month from MFT, Chocolate Sentiments.  Also used are the Fishtail Flags STAX.
On the inside….
CTD237 inside
I couldn’t resist adding just one more apple, and a sentiment from the new Sweet Roses stamp set.
Stop by the CTD blog for all the challenge details, and check out my CTD sisters for more inspiration…
Barbara Anders
Broni Holcombe
Denise Marzec
Joan Ervin
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Wanda Cullen
Frances Byrne, April Guest Designer
Thanks for stopping by!
signature 3

9 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the big apple as the focal point! I would never have thought to combine these colors but totally loved them!

Lisa Lynn said...

I just love your card. Great palette of colors!

StampOwl said...

yummy card Tammy :)

Denise Marzec said...

Outstanding card!!...LOVE that big apple with the little touch of string and a button. The sewing adds so much to it, too.

Barbara said...

Love this!! That apple is PERFECT for this color combo!

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this Tammy!!! The apple is PERFECT!!!

Broni said...

That apple is just great with the color combo, Tammy! Such a cute, cute card!

Lynn Put said...

Such a "sweet" apple card, Tammy! Love your design with the apple, banners and fun patterns!

Joan Ervin said...

How cute is that big red apple and the papers are sooo pretty!!! Love this, Tammy!!!!