Friday, August 3, 2012

Happy Birthday, Flourishes!


The month of August brings around a very special birthday.... Flourishes!  And this year, we're celebrating FIVE YEARS by throwing a great party!  We're kicking off the celebration today with a Pre-Release Challenge.  Yes, it's time once again for another New Release and it's one you're going to love!  (We say that every month, don't we?)  Today all the Sr. Design Team members are creating items suitable for a birthday party, using the photo above as inspiration.

For my part today, I've created the very necessary item for any party... the invitation!  Luckily Flourishes has this wonderful Blossom Collection Invitation Blank that you can download and use over and over again!  I printed my invitation blank on Flourishes Classic Ivory cardstock, and then stamped a floral flourish from the new Flowers & Frames stamp set.  I was inspired by some of the patterns and colors in the photo and found these Crate Papers in my stash that I thought coordinated well.  Then I embellished with some peach seam binding ribbon from the Tiger Lily "Color Made Easy" collection and a leaf trinket pin.


I cut out the invitation with the Large Curved Rectangle Nestabilities die, and colored my flowers with Copics from the collections shown below...





Want to win the entire August New Release?  Then join us for this Pre-Release Challenge!  Check out all the challenge details on the Flourishes blog.  And for more inspiration, please visit the other Sr. Design Team members today and see their birthday party creations...



Happy stamping!


10 comments:

Tricia T said...

What a pretty invitation! Happy Birthday, Flourishes!

Tricia

Stacy Morgan said...

Tammy your invite is so pretty! I like the layered papers underneath and the framing.

Lynne said...

Your invitation is so "inviting".

Silke Ledlow said...

Tammy, your invitation looks beautiful! I need to get my hands on some of those! I like how you added the image on top! Hugs ~S~

dpkennedy said...

Very pretty Tammy! Love that swag on top!

www.searchenginemarketingcanada.ca said...

A business is meant to rise like a creeper, thus developing into a huge banyan-like empire.

Becky said...

What a pretty invitation.

Karen W said...

Beautiful invitation, I love these new sets!

Yogi said...

what a pretty invite card. love that stamp - perfect.
Have a great day

Diane said...

What a cute and pretty idea...fun!!