Friday, May 18, 2012

Flourishes Release in Review



We're wrapping up the new release from Flourishes for May with a review today of the wonderful new stamp sets... Hydrangea, Father's Day, and On the Porch!  Hopefully you've ordered your own sets of these great new stamps, but if you haven't there's still time to take advantage of the New Release Bundle and get all three for 10% off the full price!  Hurry on over to the Flourishes online store and get yours today!

I just couldn't resist inking up the beautiful Hydrangea set once again, and I literally got it good and inky!  Instead of coloring the image with my Copics, I decided to color directly on the stamp with some of my old Tombow markers, and got this beautiful watercolor-like look!  I stamped directly on the pink cardstock, then cut out the image with a Petite Oval Spellbinders Nestabilities die, and matted with a Labels Ten die.  I added a tiny scalloped border on the left side with a Large Long Scalloped Rectangle die, and embellished with some May Arts Crochet Lace and Kaisercraft pearls.  The papers I used here are Echo Park.



For more release reviews, please be sure to visit the rest of the Flourishes Sr. Design Team members...




And hey, while you're online today, be sure to hop over to the Flourishes blog and wish a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Mike, the Shipping Guy!  He's got a lot of candles to blow out today!

Thanksabunch, and happy stamping!


8 comments:

Dawn B. said...

Dang girl this is gorgeous. LOVE the way you stamped and used your inks. Great job.

Stacy Morgan said...

This did turn out beautiful, great idea coloring it with the tombow. Wonderful creation Tammy! Hope you have a great weekend girlie!

Broni said...

Gorgeous card, Tammy!!

ChristineCreations said...

Gorgeous and DREAMY Tammy! I'm so going to have to try this!

Amanda said...

Tammy, what a wonderful look and I had forgotten about that technique! Your card looks simply amazing!! I just love it :)
~ Amanda :)

Carole said...

So pretty, I love the colors you used on the flower:)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so beautiful, love the great design

dpkennedy said...

This is beautiful Tammy! I love the stamping method and I haven't done it in ages! It's gorgeous!