Friday, October 7, 2011

Flourishes Pre-Release Challenge - Get Ready for Heavy Metal!


Are you ready to rock? Well, you would think that’s what the Flourishes Pre-Release Challenge is all about just by looking at the title! Actually, it’s about the shine and glitz that metallic can bring during the holidays. So, we offer you…..

HOW TO PLAY: Silver, gold, copper, or bronze — whichever metal you pick, just make sure it has a presence on your creation! Just that simple — use a little metal on your card and you’re in the running. The deadline for this challenge is Friday, October 14th at 5PM EST. If you upload to SCS, please use the keyword- FLLCOCT11 so folks can find and see your entries! After you create your card, be sure to link it up using the Inlinkz widget on the Flourishes blog. You’ll need to share your link there to be in the running! This month we have FOUR new stamp sets to share. The previews start next Tuesday and just think, by entering this challenge you could WIN them all!

For my card, I pulled out the Christmas Classics stamp set and paired it up with some Christmas papers from Authentique. My image is colored with Copics from the Poppy and Evergreen collections. All the supplies I used can be seen in the thumbnails at the end of my post. I added a little metallic bling with gold cording and some gold brads, plus......I added some glitz to the jingle bells with some Shimmerz paint, and blinged up the ornaments with a few Copic Spica pens.
Check out the Heavy Metal from the other Flourishes Design Team members today for inspiration...

Thanks so much for stopping by today!








15 comments:

Linda Carson said...

Most excellent artwork! Beautiful coloring, design & textures! 2 thumbs up!

Karen W said...

Wow this is beautiful, I need to check and see if I have that stamp, really pretty!!

Dawn B. said...

Hey I am loving how you added our pictures. Aren't you one clever girl. This is such a pretty card. The coloring is fabulous. Have a great weekend.

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! I love your coloring on that image--such nice dark, rich colors.

Connie MacFarlane said...

This card is beautiful Tammy. Just the right amount of metallic accents. Love the stamped image.

Amanda said...

Oh No You didn't! You have topped all the DT with a cherry on top kind of card! It's super Gorgeous!! Every time you ladies parade these cards in front of me, they get better and better! This is one beautiful card and I so love your coloring skills! That's what popped out to me, how real it looked, Tammy! I love it! :)

ChristineCreations said...

This is a beauty Tammy. Rich and perfectly Christmas. Beautifully colored, and composed! And so fun to see the little pics there too :)

Barbara said...

Love this card, Tammy! Fabulous coloring and wonderful "metal" accents!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful and rich Tammy! I love the gold cord and the sparkle on the bells.

Yogi said...

very nice. that stamp is really pretty and you did a nice job with it.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh! Gorgeous! I'm all inspired to make Christmas cards, now. Beautiful coloring, design, everything. Cool to have the team's photos for links.

Leslie said...

As always, Tammy, your design is gorgeous! Love the Christmas spirit!!

Ravengirl said...

This is truly lovely! It's so festive!

ecpiercy said...

Beautiful, classic card! Love all the layers.

Trisha said...

What a beautiful card, Tammy. Everything that I have seen today has been amazing. You designers are incredible. Thanks and Happy Friday.