Saturday, July 23, 2011

Shake Your (CrAzY) Booty!


The Crazies are shakin' things up today with our next challenge! Cindy is our hostess for July and today she's got us making Shaker Cards! If you've never tried one of these before, you really ought to... it's a really fun change of pace from plain ol' cards. I actually hadn't made a Shaker Card in a few years, so this was fun to go back and try again. Check out Beate's tutorial on SCS to get started! Then link up your creation over at the C4C blog!
I thought this cute Percolator Circle from Stamping Bella would be cute for this card, and I used the sentiment from Perk Me Up Peeps to go with it. Since I made my shaker a circle, I knew I'd have a hard time using dimensional adhesive to raise up the frame from around my image, and I didn't have any more foam tape (like Beate uses in the tutorial). So what I did was use two Nestabilities circles, one that perfectly fit around my image and one just slightly bigger and cut out frames from about six pieces of lightweight white chipboard. Then I glued all those circular frames together to make the "box" for my shaker beads to go in. Worked like a charm! Otherwise, I kept my card design pretty simple, adding a bow with this pretty ribbon I found recently at Pat Catan's, and a background using my Cover-a-Card Gingham stamp from Impression Obsession.

Stop and see what's shakin' with the other Crazies today...


I hope you have a fabulous weekend! Happy stamping and thanks for dropping by!

13 comments:

bensarmom said...

Tammy what a cheerful and bright card today. Love shakers cards and haven't made one in years.

StampOwl said...

fabulous card Tammy

Cindy Haffner said...

FUN FAB and PERFECT Tammy!!~ Happy Week-end!!~

Evette K. said...

Great job on your shaker card Tammy. Love how you "fixed" your shaker problem!!! Great idea. Maybe a tutorial is needed for that idea...lol lol. TY for sharing with us. ekc

Curt in Indy said...

Hey Kiddo! Way too long since I've come for a visit. What a great shaker card! Love the image and I'm so impressed with your "reinventing" the way to build your shaker part. Great idea! Hope you have been well. . .Best, Curt

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Such an adorable card! Cute colors and stamps :)
hugs, margie

Vicki G said...

Tammy I love your bright and cheery card! Soooo sweet! Hugs Vicki

Kim said...

I haven't been over to visit in a few weeks...such beautiful cards Tammy, love them!! XXOO

Theresa said...

Fabulous card! I love the sentiment and the coffee pot is just fabulous. Very fun card.

Erika Valdez said...

OMG this is ADORABLE I love the colors you used so bright and happy! I am having a Shaker card challenge as well {it is only my second challenge on my blog} I would love it if you entered this Fabulous Card in it! I am giving away a Pink By Design stamp set a Peachy Keen Gift Certificate and everyone who enters will be eligable to win a SCRAP N EASEL!! Come on by!

Lots of Love,
Erika
http://www.craftysprouts.com

Joanne (jojot) said...

Tammy....I LOVE everything about this one...the bold, vibrant colors...the layout...the sweet image....the shaker quality, and the sweet sentiment.....love it

Robin McK said...

Hey Tammy!
Love this card! Fun colours, and great layout. And I really like how you framed the image! TFS

Jessie/knightrone said...

hehe, love your title...SUPER CUTE shaker card!