Friday, October 9, 2009

Stamp Simply #108 - Gettin' Krafty!


Woo hoo! I am jumping up and down 'cause today's Stamp Simply challenge is one of my most favorite ones yet! Get out your Kraft cardstock and give it some lovin' because today we're getting Krafty! Yay! I just LOVE Kraft cardstock! Like black, it just goes with everything! And so that's the challenge today... use Kraft cardstock on your card, but you also have to include some black paper or cardstock!

Today's challenge was just what I needed to complete a project that I've had in mind for awhile. Ever since I got my wonderful new Halloween stamps from Rubbernecker, I've been trying to come up with a fun way to use the "witches brew" stamp from set 1. So, I found a recipe for Orange Cappuccino Coffee Mix (recipe below), and made up a batch to go in my jar. Then to make a "brew" you just have to follow the directions on my chipboard circle tag!
My polka dot paper (the black for this challenge) is from the Spider's Web collection from My Mind's Eye, and my Kraft cardstock is the oval with "witches brew" stamped on it, and embossed with clear powder. And see that cool lined paper! Guess where I got it? It's from an old, unused ledger book from my local bank! They were remodeling last spring, and kept unearthing old stuff in cabinets and desks, and as they cleaned they kept putting the things they found out as freebies, so when I saw those old books, I grabbed 'em up! The ladies there thought I was crazy for wanting those old books, so I think I may gift this jar to them to show them what I did with the books! (But I might have to sneak out two more heaping teaspoons of the mix beforehand, and have another cup of this... it's pretty good!)
So be sure and stop at Sharon's blog to see her Krafty-ness today, and be sure to make welcome a temporary addition to our team for the next several challenges... Barb Schram! Barb is going to hang with us for awhile while Jennifer Buck takes a little Stamp Simply break, and I couldn't be more thrilled to see what Barb will create each week! Then stop and see what my Stamp Simply sisters have krafted for you today, too....

Deb * Jenny * AJ

... and October Guest Designer, Amy Rohl!

So, c'mon and get KRAFTY with us! And shout it with me.... TGIF!!!

Happy stamping!









Orange Cappuccino Coffee Mix

1/2 c. instant coffee granules
1/2 t. grated dried orange peel (available in the spice aisle)
1 c. non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
1 c. sugar
1 t. cinnamon

Finely grind the coffee granules and orange peel in a blender or food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and process until well-blended. Store in airtight container. Makes 1 2/3 cup of mix.

To serve: stir two heaping teaspoons into 6 ounces of hot water.

21 comments:

TexasGrammy said...

OMGosh, Tammy!
What a great representation of the 'kraft' challenge! If I were going to be at home this weekend, I would definitely be trying this recipe. It's going to have to wait until later in the new week ... but what a fabboo "brew" tag idea!!

Brewing up a smile!
~Bev

Janine said...

Sweetcheeks this is FABULOUS!!!! I love the way this turned out!!
Have a great weekend. We are turkeying this weekend for Thanksgiving!!

Joan Fricker said...

Tammy, it is so adorable!!!! Great job.

Joan

Bev J. said...

Great challenge project. Will try that yummy looking recipe-tfs.

Kim Burmeister said...

Wow, Tammy! This is so "krafty"! Hee Hee! Love it! I bet the witches brew is as yummy as the packaging.

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin this, awesome colors.

The Rubber Maid said...

Sounds good to me as I am a real coffee consumer. Love your jar and tag and your take on the kraft and black usuage. Happy weekend Tammy.
Pat

Jane Wetzel said...

what a cute idea Tammy! guess I gotta snag this idea! :)

Deborah Saaranen said...

Fantastic design and a recipe to share too Tammy! Love it all! Thanks for the great inspiration piece!

Broni said...

Really cool, Tammy!!

Julie Koerber said...

What a yummy darling creation! I am going to have to give this a try for sure!!!!! You little over acheiver you! ;-)

Barbara Schram said...

YOU know how I love these gift items! That brew sounds fabulous, will be adding the ingredients to my grocery list! Every detail is perfect, Tammy!!! Wonderful, just wonderful!

Ida said...

What a fun project. The mix sounds yummy and I just love what you did with the old ledger book pages.

dpkennedy said...

Wow, this is great! Fantastic idea and awesome gift! Very clever!!

LeAnne said...

Love this Tammy! And the recipe sounds delish!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

TOTALLY, TOTALLY darling project. I want to stop everything right now and make some myself -- both the mix and the jar!!! You out did yourself on this one!!! Way to go!!!

Barbara said...

OMGoodness!! This is over the top cute, girlfriend!!! Perfect in every way--including the recipe! It sounds yummy!

Kittie said...

Tammy, this is a darling gift idea and your jar is precious. I love the Withces Brew sentiment for this. Fun, fun, fun!!!!!!

Amy Rohl said...

Oh Tammy, this is just adorably packaged--love it, and I'm so going to be trying this recipe!

Cathy Rulli said...

How cool is that?! Love it!!!

Jenny Gropp said...

Ohhhh I need some witches brew!!! I am lovin' this Tammy -- outstanding and FUN stuff. I also love that Minds Eye Collection!