Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Holiday Gift Ideas

Today I'd like to share with you the projects that were done at the store last week for the Holiday Gifts Classes that I had. This was quite popular as I ended up holding the class 3 times in 10 days for 19 different customers! All of the ideas came from SCS, of course... such a wonderful, helpful place to get ideas! The designer paper used in all 3 projects is the new Figgy Pudding paper from Basic Grey. We've never carried Basic Grey in the store before, and it's been quiet popular, so I'm pleased! All regular cardstock on my projects is Bazzill, and my white paper comes from Hollo's.
This first project is a Gift Card holder! Instructions to make you own can be found here... http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/giftcardholder.php. This was fun and easy to make. I decided to alter my design slightly and make a tag out of the top piece. The stamps are from Art Impressions. The "To:/From:" is stamped in Merlot Colorbox ink. The holly and berries were colored with Tombow markers, and there is Soft Sage Memories ink sponged around the edges of the tag. To create the "holder" there are scored lines on the long, folded piece that create a very short box-like piece, and then a small coin envelope is mounted inside for your gift card to slide into! The pattern on SCS calls for 2 envelopes inside so you have one for your sentiment but in this case I chose only one envelope. Less confusion in the class and less time spent creating!This next project is a Post-It Note holder. I found instructions for it long ago on someone's blog, I think! It is 2 pieces of chipboard coaster cut to 3 1/2" squares. The snowman paper is cut in 4 1/2" squares, and folded around each side of the coasters and attached with red-line tape. Inside, the light blue cardstock is cut 7" x 3 3/8" and is scored 3 1/4" from each end to create a "pocket" at the top for the post-it notes. Then we just stamped this little "Joy" stamp from Hero Arts in silver Encore ink, punched out scalloped circles with Marvy extra jumbo and super jumbo punches, attached a silver snowflake brads, and adhered! Cute and EASY! You could turn out a bunch of these for gifts in an evening!This last project was everyone's favorite because it involved CHOCOLATE! This is a Nugget Box! You can find instructions for your own box here... http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190469 and if you read through the first few posts, you'll find there are instructions/patterns for nugget boxes of all sizes there! I owe many thanks to Chris Simon on SCS for re-writing this 3x15 pattern for me with alternate measurements so my customers could use the Scor-It to score all the lines on the boxes. The stamps on the box top are from Art Impressions. The serpentine swirls are stamped with Memories soft sage ink, and the sentiment is stamped with Colorbox warm red. The labels for the nuggets are also stamped with the serpentine swirls and letters in warm red. These are also very easy to make... don't be intimidated! These would be a big hit as teacher gifts and perfect for man or woman!
Thanks for looking! I wish everyone a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving Day! Stamp Happy!

2 comments:

Juliana said...

AWESOME ideas, Tammy!!
Thanks so much for the inspiration!! I think I will be using at LEAST one of these ideas, soon!
~Juliana

Chris Simon said...

Hi Tammy! Glad I could help with your class in some small way. Your nugget box is great!