Saturday, November 10, 2007

Fall Cards Class

Back in September, my class at the store was simply "Fall cards." The previous manager had to plan the newsletter for September before I started working there, and made the class a little generic in the subject so that I could have a little freedom in planning it. So today, I'm finally getting the cards from that class uploaded! I hope you like them!
This first card was my very favorite, but also gave me the most grief! I really struggled with how to color the image! It's hard because things I have here at home and are comfortable using, or things I would have used as a Stampin' Up demo, are not necessarily what I have available at the store. I tried making markers work with this and it wasn't pretty! I finally settled for a Tombow marker #912 to highlight the shadowing on the pumpkins, and another Tombow marker #856 for the berries. The rest was colored with chalks, and I think turned out beautifully! My customers were a little leary of the chalks, but once they got started their images were gorgeous and it was neat to see how different each one turned out! Some people were very heavy-handed so their pumpkins and all were very bright and bold. Some were lighter, like me. The cardstock on the card is all Bazzill. I used a circle Coluzzle to cut out the circular window, and the green panel is then raised up on foam squares. The pumpkin patch stamp is from Northwoods.This second card was created using all stamps from Stamps by Judith and Heather. I have a few customers that are very loyal to her company and stamps, but I think I may discontinue carrying them. I personally like some of the images, but her company is difficult to deal with and requires a large minimum order every time. This card was also CASE'd from the Judith idea catalog. The leaves are stamped with Ancient Page black, and colored with a variety of Tombow markers in fall colors. "Be thankful" is stamped with tangerine Colorbox chalk ink, as are the leaves in the background on the orange panel. The maple leaf brad is from an unknown source (found it in my box of brads just laying loose!) For the class I purchased oak leaf brads from Hero Arts. All cardstock is Bazzill. I also thought the different-size card would be a neat change-up for the class, but something to remember with this size of card is it wastes a whole sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock for just one card!This card may look familiar... I might have uploaded it previously. The tree/rake stamp and the sentiment are all from Serendipity stamps. The tree was watercolored using Memories chestnut brown ink and an aquapainter. The sentiment is stamped with eggplant Colorbox pigment ink, and then embossed with Moon Glow copper embossing powder. The edges of the main panel are inked with Memories soft vanilla ink, and the chestnut ink. The whole panel was then spritzed with Moon Glow's Moon Shadow mist... can't remember the exact color but it was a copper. It gave it a gorgeous shimmer! If I remember correctly, I think I CASE'd most of this design from the Serendipity catalog.I was also pretty pleased with the results on this last card. The cardstock is all Bazzill, and the striped paper is from Flair. The long panel is a regular-size Rollograph wheel from Clearsnap called Harvest. It is inked with sepia Ancient Page ink. The sentiment is inked with olive pastel Colorbox chalk ink and unfortunately my memory escapes me this morning and I don't remember where that stamp came from... possibly Serendipity? I used my Crop-a-dile to set the We R Memory Keepers eyelet, and tied a piece of twill through it. For the class I had customers knock off 2 corners of the sentiment panel and the mat and centered the eyelet and twill to make it look more like a tag.
Thanks for checking out my fall cards! I'm off to work today, and hope to have time to play while I'm there! The whole stamping department has been cleaned up, reorganized, etc. and there is now a need for more demo samples on the floor so send good stamping vibes my way for quiet time today for stamping!
Stamp Happy!

1 comment:

michelle sturgeon said...

I really enjoy fall cards, and yours are terrific!