Monday, July 2, 2007

Old Cross Pendant


The Technique Lovers challenge on Splitcoast today was to created a card using something "unexpected" in the design. (see the challenge here... http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263534) I obsessed about this challenge all day while I was at work, and couldn't think of anything to do for this challenge. When I got home tonight, I just started rummaging around, and came across this cross from an old broken necklace, and thought it was perfect! All products are Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted. My card base is Perfect Plum cardstock, and I stamped swirls from my Rhonna Farrer set in Versamagic Purple Hydrangea ink. I used a piece of Foof-a-la designer paper, inked the edges with Old Olive ink, and matted it on a piece of River Rock cardstock. The sentiment is from Elegant Inspirations, and is stamped in Perfect Plum ink on Very Vanilla cardstock, and the edges were inked with Pale Plum. The sentiment piece is matted on Perfect Plum, and the edges were punched with the ticket corner. I used Prima flowers to match my cardstock colors, and secured them with silver brads. The cross was fastened to the Vanilla cardstock with a needle and thread, then I inked the thread with So Saffron to blend in with the sponging in the background. I mounted this on a piece of So Saffron cardstock, and adhered to the card using dimensionals. I LOVE how this turned out! Hope you do, too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shut Up!!

Very nice..

Patti said...

*gasp*! That's exactly what I said when this gorgeous card popped up! What a WOW creation!! This certainly did turn out beautifully! Nice job, Tammy!

Corie said...

Hi there, I found you through Allison. Great site, your stuff is beautiful (including your daughter). Cutey pie dog too.

Can't wait to see more!!

Pattyjo said...

Wow! That is a beautiful card! I love the beaded cross you did. Very very pretty!

Becky G said...

Tammy, how did I miss this in the gallery yesterday. This is beautiful! Love the beaded cross and the sentiment.