Monday, July 23, 2007

Wine anyone?

Wine? Laurie, are you reading this???

This is yet another card that I created yesterday after finding so much inspriation in annieht's gallery! Her original card is here... http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/531461?what=allfields&name=annieht

I really loved how she used the flower stamps from Papertrey's Green Thumb set to make grapes instead! Had to try it myself. This card was a lot of fun to create because it's not my norm and made me step outside the box a little. The grapes are stamped with Colorbox Wisteria ink and the leaves are Colorbox Olive on confetti cream cardstock. I distressed the edges of this piece with my distressing tool, and then sponged Stampin' Up Close to Cocoa ink around the edges. I also distressed a piece of SU! Perfect Plum cardstock and used it to mat the grape piece. I pierced the edges of the piece using my paper piercer. I punched holes in each corner and threaded jute twine through each hole and tied a knot. My card base is Stampin' Up True Thyme cardstock. I used True Thyme ink to sponge around the edges of the Foof-a-la designer paper before adhering to the card base. I ran my jumbo crackle wheel through Versamark ink, then rolled it onto a piece of SU! Pale Plum cardstock. I wet the cardstock, crumpled it up, then laid it out flat and dried with my heat tool for a more distressed look. The bottom edge is also torn. I stamped "thanks" from Papertrey's Text Boxed set in Wisteria Colorbox ink on the confetti cardstock, mounted it behind the hardware piece (from Stampin' Up's Hodgepodge Harware) and then mounted it on the card using matching brads. Another card I'm very pleased with! Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Corie said...

Love this one too, boy so many beautiful cards. Great job.